Thank you to d-link for my sample used in this review, opinions are honest. No compensation.
I am amazed at the changes in baby monitoring systems that has happened in the past six years since I carried around a hand held walkie that allowed me to hear if our daughter was awake. My niece is expecting her first child in a few months and I know she is going to love the new D-Link wi-fi baby camera.
Imagine being able to see your child from your phone or tablet? Better than that being able to also keep an eye on the temperature of the room or to be notified if there are any changes in sounds or motion. What about being able to turn on a lullaby with the push of a button, making those entrances into the room to check on things a thing of the past.
The D-link Wi-Fi Baby Camera does just that plus has:
- HD Resolution/Pinch-Zoom* – Provides rich detail and high image quality; pinch and zoom capabilities to see things up close
- Mobile App Support – Three easy steps to set up the camera and then enjoy local or remote monitoring of your baby on a mobile device with the free mydlink Baby Camera Monitor app (available for iOS and Android devices)
- MicroSD Card Slot – Automatically records video on a microSD card when motion or sound is detected; replay recorded video clips
- Record Video Clips – The mydlink Baby Camera Monitor app allows you to take snapshots or video clips and save directly to your mobile device for viewing and sharing
- Automatic Night Vision – See your baby up to 15 feet away in the dark via night mode
- Micro USB Power Input – Ideal for traveling and on-the-go monitoring, the baby camera can be powered by an external battery pack (not included)
- Temperature Sensor and LED* – Temperature display available on the Baby Camera Monitor app; receive push alerts when temperature levels are outside the set range
- Instant Push Alerts – Receive push notifications anytime noise or motion is detected
- Sound/Motion Detection – Sound/motion sensor triggers push alerts or recording
- Lullabies – Five pre-recorded lullabies to help soothe child
- Two-Way Audio – Listen to and talk to your baby
- mydlink Service – Remotely watch your baby on your mobile device via 3G, Wi-Fi, or 4G LTE
- Color Coordinated – Apply pink or blue rings to personalize camera for your baby’s room
Like I said a lot has changed in just the six years since I had an infant in the house, don't believe me take a look at this infographic and tell me what you remember as being a God sent when you had your child vs what is today.
I have put the D-Link wi-fi baby camera to the test. For starters my husband was put in charge of the installing which he had no trouble with, he found the instructions to be easy to follow and the app user friendly. For our test we kept an eye on an aging cat (18 years old) who I has suspected was getting a little lost around the house and not able to find his way back to the food and litter and I was right. I guess this proves that there are more uses for this camera than just watching babies.
I firmly believe that you can not put a price on peace of mind and if I had it to do all over again and the D-Link wi-fi baby camera was available I would snatch it up in a heart beat. With that being said you should never rely on a device to keep an eye on your children, it should only be used while you are in the home and able to get to your child quickly if there would be a problem.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!