I personally love several of the cooking magazines from Taste of Home, I love their wide variety of person submitted recipes--you know the ones that are tried and true, so I was super excited to see that they had teamed up with Shine Group and Reveille (MasterChef producers) to launch a new publication featuring on of my favorite shows, MasterChef (airs Mon & Tues 9/8c on FOX)! I wasn't disappointed!
Here is the description of the Taste of Home presents MasterChef bookazine from the press release:
From the international entertainment series MasterChef comes the first-ever special edition bookazine published by Taste of Home, the #1 cooking magazine in the world. The 147-page bookazine features more than 60 recipes, with more than 60% coming directly from the show. Plus, how Season 1 winner (and Southern Belle) Whitney Miller went from Pastry Princess to Steel Magnolia, a lesson on how to make fresh mozzarella, the challenge to create the perfect sizzling steak, and some words of wisdom from the season's 18 finalists.
You will also find:
- Meet the Masters: MasterChef Magazine gets the scoop on the three culinary geniuses--Gordon Ramsay, Joe Bastianich, and Graham Elliot--that have set out on finding culinary perfection. What is the reason behind Ramsay's tough love approach? Who is the most huggable judge? And what do these three choose as their ultimate meal? All that and more in this tell all feature. (pg 4)
- International Flavors: The creators of MasterChef understand that although food is universal passion, cultural differences set our taste buds apart. In this section both the judges and seasons 1 and 2 contestants share recipes from around the world. In the mood for something Mediterranean? Try former contestant Dave Miller's Saffron Butter-Poached Scorpion Fish with Israeli Couscous and Roasted Peppers. Authentic Italian Food? We've got you covered with judge Joe Bastianich's Orecciette with Broccoli Rabe and Italian Sausage. Plus, recipes for Indian, French, and Fusion cuisine. (pg 100)
- Mothers Know Best: Before the three judges were renowned culinary experts, they were little boys sitting at their mothers' tables on Sunday evenings for dinner. And boy, do they love their mamas' cooking! After all, when the three judges were asked to name their ultimate meal, each chose a dish made by his mother. And in one of the Season 2 challenges, the contestants had to wow the judges' moms. Find out what Helen Cosgrove, Lidia Bastianich and Kate Tippett-Bowles had to say about their doting sons and what recipes the moms just had to share. (pg 49)
- Made in the Shade: Your favorite MasterChef contestants share party-perfect tips for an easy, breezy get together on the porch. Visit your local farmer's market for fresh fruit to incorporate into the Minted Raspberry Iced Tea and Ruby Sangria. Bring on finger foods like Asparagus-Prosciutto Puffs and Cheery Cherry Tomatoes with Jalapeno-Pimiento Cheese and Voila! Your very own happy hour right on your own porch. (pg 85)
- Building Burgers: No food has more personalities then the All-American Hamburger. MasterChef judge Graham Elliot shares his show-stopping Grahamburger with Melted Brie, Watercress and Roasted Garlic Aioli that has a sexy, velvety texture. Other recipes include the Route 66 Slaw Burger with a zesty crunch, Rosemary Lamb Burgers with an onion relish and juicy Terrific Teriyaki Burgers. (pg 75)
I enjoyed this publication. I love getting all the tips and ideas and even if I don't follow a recipe exactly--I love learning how people put things together. I haven't tried to make fresh mozzarella and the Ravioli from scratch yet but after reading through that section--I think I can and am planning on try to do so in the near future. The steak section is great, it walks you through choosing the best cut of steak. I like that the bookazine covers recipes that are such a wide variety--appetizer through desserts, fancy to casual and all with a MasterChef inspiration!
The premiere issue of Taste of Home presents MasterChef bookazine is on store shelves now through October 10, 2011.
Thank you to Taste of Home for my sample used in this review, opinions are honest. Review by Michelle.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!