When I was given the chance to try out the newest in Better Homes and Gardens' cookware, I jumped at it! I love to cook, especially when I have time! I have taught my husband to hold his own in the kitchen as well, so once cookware arrived we were eager to give it a try (plus we were needing a new set of pan)!
The set that we were given is the Better Homes and Gardens 10-Piece Tri-Ply Clad 18/10 Stainless-Steel Cookware Set, which is available at Walmart stores nationwide or Walmart.com with free shipping when you use "Site to Store." Here are some of the features:
- Set includes: 1 covered Dutch oven with lid 6-qt. (5.7L), 1 covered sauce pan with lid 3-qt. (2.8L), 1 covered sauce pan with lid 1.5-qt. (1.4L), 1 covered deep skillet with lid 3-qt. (2.8L), 1 skillet 10" diam., 1 skillet 8" diam.
- Durable & Versatile--multi-purpose shapes & sizes
- Tri-Ply Clad 18/10 polished stainless steel construction for even distribution of heat and easy clean up
- Compatible with gas, electric or ceramic cooktops & oven safe with lids on up to 350 degrees.
- Durable tempered Glass lids allow for monitoring without lifting, lids fit pans perfectly.
- Riveted ergonomically designed stainless steel handles are designed to diffuse heat and provide comfort and ease of handling.
- Dishwasher safe--hand drying immediately after the rinse cycle, or hand-washing and drying is recommended to preserve its finish.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Developed with the famous Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen!
Our first meal to cook in these pans was my meal for Mother's Day, my husband did most of the cooking for this meal with my supervision (it was a bit more than he usually cooks). We made Chicken with Rosemary Sauce, Quinoa & Asparagus. For this meal we tested out 3 different pans & 2 lids from our new set, and they passed our test with flying colors!
First off, we read all the instructions that are included on the box flap (the only thing I would change about these pans, is that I wish the instructions were on a booklet or card that could easily be referred back to for I don't plan on keeping the box in my kitchen, but I may just write out the instructions for future reference)--washed & dried our pans and set off to cook. We used only low to medium heat for all of our cooking, as was recommended, and everything cooked perfect without sticking. My husband stated that clean-up was a breeze (yes, he does the dishes)! We both really liked the glass tops--I am nosy and like to peak to this solves that dilemma for me. The pans have some remarkable heft to them, they feel comfortable and feel like they will hold up well. So far we have not had any discoloration but I like that it gives you instructions in case that does happen.
I have used both stainless steel and non-stick pans for a very long time, so the transition to the BHG Tri-Ply Clad Stainless Steel Cookware set was easy for us and our food so far has cooked up perfectly. If you are new to stainless steel, from non-stick, in my opinion, this is a great pan set for a great price. I just recommend reading the "Use and Care" section on the box, plus you can find lots of great information by searching online. I have to admit--I have both types and tend to like certain pans for certain things, many of my healthiest and favorite meals are made in my stainless steel pans and now I feel like I have a high quality set that will last me for a very long time!
If you are looking for a great set of stainless steel cookware, check out the Better Homes and Gardens 10-piece Tri-Ply Clad Stainless Steel Cookware Set, which is available at Walmart and here online. You will get a great set of pans at a great price!
Thank you to BHG for my sample used in this review. Opinions are honest. Review by Michelle.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!