The Baby Nurse Bible: Secrets Only a Baby Nurse Can Tell You About Having and Caring for Your Baby (The Experiment, LLC, 2011) is a new book by the founder of Boston Baby Nurses, Carole Kramer Arsenault, RN, IBCLC. The Baby Nurse Bible brings you (stated from front cover):
Expert advice on...
- Preparing for baby's arrival
- Choosing safe, nontoxic home and baby products
- Labor, birth and the hospital experience
- Successful breastfeeding
- Sleeping, soothing and playtime--including flexible daily routines
- Infant development during baby's first three months---and much more!
Here is the synopsis from the back cover:
There are lots of books for expecting and new parents---but this one is something special. Carole Kramer Arsenault has devoted her career to infant and pregnancy care, and worked for many years as a labor and delivery nurse, including at Boston's internationally recognized Brigham and Women's Hospital. She went on to found Boston Baby Nurses, where she and her team of nurses have helped hundreds of first-time parents care for the infants and adjust to their new role. Now, The Baby Nurse Bible brings Carole Arsenault's expert guidance, advice, and tips to new and expecting parents everywhere. Packed with information parents need to know for the first trimester of pregnancy through the baby's first three months, It offers:
- Guidance on first decisions, including choosing a pediatrician and signing up for childbirth classes
- Answers to hundreds of the most-asked questions that Arsenault fields daily, including how to keep your newborn happy and healthy
- Advice on preparing for baby's arrival and choosing safe, nontoxic home and baby products
- A nurse's perspective and insider tips on labor, delivery, and how to make the most of the hospital experience
- A complete guide to successful breastfeeding, based on Arsenault's years of experience and her International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) certification
- Flexible daily routines to help parents juggle sleeping, soothing, playtime--and time for themselves--during those first few months
- Suggestions for Dad's role in the birth process and beyond
- Helpful illustrations throughout, and much more!
I was given a copy of The Baby Nurse Bible to review. I have read many, many baby books in my time, and this one is by far my favorite so far! It goes so far beyond the technical information to the practical and useful! I think that the fact that the author is a nurse rather than a physician allows her to go beyond the technical, many nurses tend to be more person focused and tend to communicate more effectively with the regular person (like new parents & new parents to be), plus, the author has three children of her own. The combination her education and experience as a Baby Nurse and Lactation consultant and a "been-there" parent x3 makes this book invaluable to any new, soon-to-be or planning-to-be parent! There are 125 baby nurse tips that are dispersed throughout the book--many of which you might not think about or find anywhere else--like if you planning on bringing your own pillow to the hospital, use pillowcase that is not white so you don't end up loosing you pillow in the hospital linens--seems simple but when you need a little comfort from home it can be a big deal if it got lost--so an easy tip for prevention.
The wealth of information--technical & practical in The Baby Nurse Bible is amazing. It is well written and easy to understand. The book is also indexed well so you can quickly turn to a specific area of information that you need at that moment. In my opinion this is the must have baby book for new & to-be parents, it just might help smooth out some of those bumps in the road that occur along the way!
The Baby Nurse Bible is available on Amazon and in bookstores nationwide.
Would you like to win a copy of the Baby Nurse Bible?
Giveaway ends Sunday, April 17th
Winner chosen by Random.org
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info.
U.S. entries only
Want to win?
U.S. entries only
Want to win?
Tell me one what you would ask the Baby Nurse?
Why do you want to win this book?
Thank you to The Baby Nurse Bible for my sample used in this review and for the winners copy. Opinions are honest. Review by Michelle.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!